Wednesday 9 July 2008

It's all going wrong ....

.... or rather not going very much at all.

Two weeks till we are supposed to arrive to fit the house out and we have no doors and windows and, I've just found out, no electricity cable. It was ordered in October and nobody thought to tell me that it hadn't come until this week. they were supposed to phone the geometra today but, of course they haven't.

At least we can use candles - or a generator - bit if there's no doors and windows we are totally stuffed. You can't put a kitchen in or deliver furniture to a house that's wide open. They were supposed to be ready for painting today but it looks like we'll be lucky to get them by the end of next week.

So, at half past eight on a Wednesday night I'm booing a 6:30 flight to Rome tomorrow morning. Some things are better done in person and I think I need to get over there and try to sort things out. (The plan originally was to hire a van and go over at he start of July with a load stuff for the house but the delay on the windows knocked that on the head - in retrospect I should have gone for a quick visit anyway).

No comments: